A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Aqtobe it is.
Three weeks ago my agency told me that there wouldn't be any babies that meet my criteria available in Aqtobe until at least March or April, but that my options were still open since my dossier had not yet logged in in the region. So, for the last three weeks we have waited to see if another option (another region - Plan B) would present itself. It hasn't. So yesterday I told my agency to please get my dossier off to Aqtobe and I will continue with Plan A. Because Aqtobe is excruciatingly slow in issuing LOI's (8-10 weeks), the earliest I will be able to travel now is April.
While the wait will be bit longer, I am comfortable with going to Aqtobe after reading the daily accounts from Christy (another single Mom there now) and how well things have gone for her. I'm really impressed with what she reports from the babyhouse and the in-country staff and hope my trip will go as smoothly, albeit a bit warmer! Not such a bad thing!
Now, back to the long (and growing) list of to-do's before travel... probably need that extra time anyway!
While the wait will be bit longer, I am comfortable with going to Aqtobe after reading the daily accounts from Christy (another single Mom there now) and how well things have gone for her. I'm really impressed with what she reports from the babyhouse and the in-country staff and hope my trip will go as smoothly, albeit a bit warmer! Not such a bad thing!
Now, back to the long (and growing) list of to-do's before travel... probably need that extra time anyway!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alysa,
Congratulations on knowing your region and time frame. Yes, 2 months sounds so long but, when you know the end is really in sight, it passes faster. I waited 2 months for an LOI during my first adoption. I knew when I would travel but was also waiting on babies. To pass the time, I had my baby prep to do list and made a point of scheduling something fun that I would do with my baby (i.e. go to a movie, a nice resteraunt, weekend away) for each weekend. It was a HUGE sanity saver!
Shanna
Rock on! :) I put in a small plug for you already. I know that you will really enjoy your time here too! I can't wait to follow your blog, I am sure that I will cry so many times!!!!
Congratulations!
Christy in Aqtobe
Post a Comment