A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Delays and decisions
Update from my agency in the last couple of days: There will not be any available children that meet my criteria in Aktobe until at least March or more likely April. Sigh. But, I am lucky in that my dossier has not been logged in in the region yet, so I still have options. We are exploring those now and I'm doing a lot of thinking and soul-searching and finance/calendar reviewing to figure out the best path for me to find my child, hopefully sooner. I thought I was done with this agonizing part! Flexibility is definitely key. Winning the lotto would help too! ;) I'll let you know when I know what the plan is going to be. Please keep your fingers and toes crossed, and send up those prayers that my baby will still be coming home this spring to his mint-toothpaste colored bedroom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Alysa,
Hang in there. Everything will work out. You are right - flexibility is the key.
Hi Ms. Alysa,
I have heard this same thing about the registry here in Aqtobe. I heard that in March many babies will be coming off the registry, so it was interesting to read today's post. I will tell you that the in-country staff here is wonderful, you will be in great hands, and the caregivers do adore these babies. So should you still come to Aqtobe, it is worth a little wait. :) Then you won't have to freeze your fingers off at the airport either, and you will be able to enjoy the outdoor markets more than we did today. Holy Cold Batman!
Best Wishes,
Christy in Aqtobe
Post a Comment