A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Viva Las Vegas!
Haven't posted in a couple of weeks -- much going on. Had the interior of the house painted. Again. Better color. I can live with it. ;) Nursery was painted too. Not quite what I expected -- sage green was the plan, mint toothpaste was the result -- but I'll make it work.
Went to Las Vegas for business earlier this week. First time I've been there since my 25th birthday. Stayed at the Desert Inn last time, which I think was imploded not long after. It has certainly changed. I was born in Vegas and lived there until I was 4. I remember some things about the apartment complex Mom managed, but more from visits Mom and I made up until I was 10 or 12. It was a little sad for me. Lots of memories and really made me miss my Mom, especially right now with so many things I wish I could talk to her about. She died three years ago this month -- that anniversary sort of snuck up on me. Very true what they say, that no matter how old you are, you still need your parents.
Went to Las Vegas for business earlier this week. First time I've been there since my 25th birthday. Stayed at the Desert Inn last time, which I think was imploded not long after. It has certainly changed. I was born in Vegas and lived there until I was 4. I remember some things about the apartment complex Mom managed, but more from visits Mom and I made up until I was 10 or 12. It was a little sad for me. Lots of memories and really made me miss my Mom, especially right now with so many things I wish I could talk to her about. She died three years ago this month -- that anniversary sort of snuck up on me. Very true what they say, that no matter how old you are, you still need your parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment