A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Friday, June 1, 2007
Why don't you just have a baby?
Okay, so it might be cheaper and take less time (so they say!), but I want to be a Mom and that doesn't require giving birth. At my age, getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and delivering a healthy baby and staying healthy myself during the process has only a small chance of succeeding. I could go through the sterile and impersonal process of selecting a donor from a list, spend thousands of dollars being impregnated, and still not have a child in the end. While adoption has its risks, I WILL have my own baby in the end. Someone on one of the Yahoo! Groups I belong to said it well: "My child is growing in my heart, not in my body."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment