A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Money doesn't grow on trees
A lesson learned, once again. On three separate occasions, twice in the past 3 months (and at least that many times by the bank manager), I was told that ordering crisp new uncirculated bills (required in Kaz) was NOT going to be a problem. So, of course, when I stopped at the bank last week to make that large deposit and order the money, it's a problem. The NEW bank manager informed me that, yes, they do order money twice a week, but they get what they get. "There is no box to check for new bills." Well, fabulous! Then she proceeds to tell me that they had a bunch of new bills the week before, knew they had a customer that needed them, but couldn't remember my name. Arrrggghh!
Well, lo and behold, this week she calls me and says, "Oh, well, when I asked, and told them it was for an international adoption, they said of course!" And my money was on the armored car protected by the big guy with a gun and his trusty side kick the German Shepherd, the next day. I emptied the bank account and filled the safe deposit box, but not before signing a waiver releasing the bank of all liability for giving me cash. Huh??! It better be the real thing.
Next she asked me if I had checked with the Mint (we have one of those in Denver). I tried (not quite successfully) not to laugh. I don't think I'd make it through the metal detectors at the airport, let alone be able to walk with that many quarters in tow. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing gives us our paper money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment