A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pre-Travel Consult

I met with one of the clinicians at the International Adoption Clinic at the brand new Children's Hospital facility for well over an hour today. I feel so much better now that I have talked to a live person, reviewed the growth and development charts and received lots of advice to help me evaluate the children I'm shown. She also went over the suggested drugs to take with me for the baby, complete with dosage instructions. I can email them the medical info and pictures while I'm in Kaz and they will respond within a couple of days. Unfortunately, trying to get a phone consult with them while I'm traveling I was told is nearly impossible. But, since the fee for the initial consult also includes the travel review, I'll send stuff to them anyway as a backup plan. I'll definitely be taking baby Kaz to the clinic a few months after we get home for a full evaluation.

So, for the travel consult, I've also decided to use Dr. Boris Skurkovich with Hasbro Children's Hospital in Rhode Island. He is a native Russian, recommended by LMI and many adoptive parents, and available on his cell for consult.

Whew! One more decision and preparation for travel made!

No comments: