
That's a 9-month size outfit that I left here last trip and it is too big for him! Looks like I may need to find some 6-month clothes afterall!
I did some court prep today with the coordinator and translator. Court is scheduled for Monday at 10:00am. The translator, Ainura, is very good. While this will be her first time in court (mine too), I have every confidence that she will do just fine. Hope I will do the same! She and I went through my speech this morning and I will give her a copy of it tomorrow so she can work on the translation. I was quite impressed when she just started reading my speech out loud in English and didn’t falter on a single word and definitely understood it. She also told me something wonderful today. She said how “it is like sunshine” for her to see how happy I am with Kairat, along with the other mothers and their babies, and she can’t stop smiling. She didn’t even know that an orphanage existed in Aqtobe and now she is getting to be a part of bringing families together. Very sweet girl.
I confirmed who I needed to give gifts to at the babyhouse, so I can finish up that shopping when I am home. I have decided to leave Aqtobe Tuesday morning and return at the beginning of October. It will likely be a rough couple of weeks our first weeks together in Kaz as we get reacquainted and I learn all about my baby’s wants and needs. Where is that manual, anyway? Or the traveling supernanny?! I need her on speed dial at minimum – 24-hour worldwide tech support please! I can do this, I can do this, I CAN do this!
7 comments:
Hi Alysa,
I know you're back there for court but you've learned so much!
1. Who you give gifts to.
2. Smaller clothing size for Kairat.
3. Teething is really not fun!
4. Almaty travel tips for your next trip.
I'm sure you feel better about the new translator after she started reading your speech. It'll help you with confidence in court.
I'm with you...where is that manual or a traveling supernanny?! But I know you can do this :)
Eileen
Alysa,
So glad that you feel good about your new coordinator. Kairat is just so cute, that smile must melt your heart.
One more day to court and then you can count down.
Yes you can do this... heck i'm counting on you so that I can reaffirm I can do this.
Sandi
We had a new translator for our court and, while we were nervous too (we also had the "tough" judge), everything worked out fine. I was thinking that Kai had gained weight... I'm surprised that he is not quite in 9mos clothes as he looks like a big boy. Miras just jumped 2 growth curves (4 since we met him) so you'll be happy to know that they do catch up. And we're dealing with teething still! Bring on the drool bibs!
P.S. Kefir is actually a cow's milk yogurt-like drink. Koomiz is the fermented mare's milk.
I'm glad you were able to get outside. Outside does wonders for my children. HIs smile is just so adorable. It is so exciting to hear about your time together.
You will do great in court. I'll be sending good vibes.
Thank for the daily updates. It satisfies my need to know :)
Your translator is such a pretty girl! I'm glad you like her and you know she'll do a good job for you. I agree with her...it's like sunshine, on my shoudlers, makes you lovely..sunshine, on my eyes, can makae me smilllllllllllllllllllllle sunshine, on the water is SO LOVELY, sunshine, almost always, makes me smile!
Lil John Denver to go with your chicago tune. :)
Leeza loves it outside too, in the ergo. But, she is also sick with a cold so I haven't been taking her out. It's been damp feeling and I just dont want her out there, and i don't think they want me to take her out either!
wow, 5 teeth...Leeza has gotten one new one in the 6 weeks we've been here!
He is so very cute...and i'm glad he crawls to his mommy. It sounds like between cutting massive new teeth and not feeling well, he's not feeling great all the time, but i'm glad you're there to be his sunshine.
You are going to ROCK in court!! I can't wait to hear about it.
Kostanai is way different..we don't have to bring any pictures, or make a speech. It sounds way easier to me...LOL
you will do just dandy , better than great as Kai's momma! I still remember coming home with Sean as a baby...i was so scared. But, you figure it out!
I'm so proud of you. You are very strong and courageous. I have a song about that too.
Hope your lil guy feels better and you sleep well tonight before you WOW them at court.
can't wait to hear about it.
:)
YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!
it's 9:30.
do you feel positive vibes coming in strong and steady waves from Kostanai!
you should!!!
wishing you strength, clarity, and resolve, even though you don't even need it since the love you have for Kairat will triumph over all !
can't wait to hear the update.
30 more minutes until you're ON!
go alysa!!!!!!!!
Oh, that picture is so sweet!
I've been wondering what you decided to do so thank you for posting. I'm sorry this process is taking so long though.
Poor little baby and teething. That is so rough. I hope his teeth pop through all at once so he can feel comfortable and happy again!
Post a Comment