A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

It ain't going to get there before 10am tomorrow....

Among all the other things that seem to be changing on a daily basis in Aqtobe (more on that another day), I had to do a special notarized power of attorney yesterday and FedEx it to the regional coordinator in Kaz. Yes, directly to Kaz. From me. For a mere $158.42. One lone little featherweight piece of paper. FedEx's estimated time of arrival? Friday, June 6th. Sheesh. I thought about shoving my 1.5 inch stack of updated dossier and travel docs into the envelope as well. Might as well get my money's worth, don't ya think?! High price and long timeframes... hmmm. Why would I have thought this would be any different?!

1 comment:

Chris & Christy said...

Crazy expensive! I did hear while I was there that the only things that could get to Aqtobe by mail were paper items via DHL. I guess that you can't send care packages or anything for that matter that isn't paper to Aqtobe. If you know someone that works on the airlines, as Bayana does, you can bribe them to bring you stuff via the airplane but that is about it.

I am interested to hear more about Aqtobe's changes; I did hear somewhere that things were changing but just how I haven't heard. Ugh!

Christy