It has been an interesting 24 hours. I made it to Aqtobe, only to find that the regional coordinator is out of town on a family emergency. The translator stepped in and the show continued. I am not ready to go into any detail at this point, but if all the necessary paperwork gets processed in time, I am going to have my first bonding visit with a little boy later this afternoon. The selection process was at lightening speed and I wasn’t given much info on this child and never met the babyhouse director. I am eager to talk to the orphanage doctor and to send what info is available to my international adoption doctor for evaluation.
A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Aqtobe -- Alive and Well
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Alysa:
Let me be the first to congratulate you! Hopefully, the little guy's medical history will check out. Have a great first bonding session - can't wait to read more!
-Kim
Congrats Alysa!! It did sound like a whirlwind of a process. I hope that things work out well.
I'm so very excited for you :)
Eileen
hey girl...I can't even imagine what you are feeling right now.....everyone tells you about it but i'm sure it's nothing like being there.
I will join you very soon!
I am so glad that Regina is there and you got to meet her. I am sure that having her is invaluable.
I hope your vist with baby boy goes well. Keep us updated as you can. :)
Alysa,
I'm so happy that you made it through one of the hardest moments. It is wonderful that you are with Regina, that has to have been a big help.
I hope that the medicals come back perfect and can not wait to hear about your bonding with your little boy.
Sandi
Alysa,
Can't wait to read about your experience with the first meeting. Hopefully the pace will slow down and you will have time to enjoy your time!
Susan
I'm so glad you finally made it! The first few days were a complete whirlwind. I'm very glad you are staying with Regina right now. I can't wait to see pictures!
I can feel your emotions through your writing. I'm sure it is overwhelming, but I know it will have a great outcome. I'm glad that you have someone else there with you that has been through the same experience.
I'll keep reading for updates and still sending good thoughts from California.
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. Although it probably doesn't feel this way for you, it feels like it was just last week when you were sending me emails while I was meeting and bonding with Griffin. If I were there, we'd be doing high fives. Take care, Susan
So glad you are safe and sound. It sounds like your process is almost beginning - congratulations! And, thanks for posting.
Glad you made it safe and sound and I feel for you during this whirlwind time (been there, done that). And I imagine that it's even more bizarre/complicated without your coordinator present! It's great that you can hang out with Regina though and keep each other company.
I can't wait to hear more details!
P.S. This whole week will feel surreal with the culture shock and jet lag on top of the selection and bonding process - but it does get better I promise! Much better!
Alysa,
Glad to hear you are well and getting ready to meet your new son. I'm sure everything will check out fine and I can't wait to hear how your first bonding session goes! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Dave
OMGosh I am so pumped! I have been such a bad blog stalker, I didn't even know you were leaving. So sorry! Now, on the bright side, I at least didn't miss all the good stuff. :) I am so pumped to follow your bonding journey with this little man, can't wait to hear more! So glad you are safe and sound. I am typing so fast. I am so excited to see that you are in Aqtobe.....finally! :)
Yahoooooooo
Christy & Z
You're more than welcome Alysa!!! It has been my pleasure to have you here and do what I can to help you through the wild ride. You are awesome!
Stalking......
Love ya
Alysa, still stalking myself. =-) I hope and pray all is going well for you, keep breathing, you'll get through it! =-) Waiting for your next update....no pressure though.
Margaret
Post a Comment