A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
No news yet
Just wanted to let you all know I'm still here. Unfortunately, don't have any exciting updates yet. I am still in the process of having the IA doctor reviews, which have a been a bit delayed due in part to the translator not being available and now the weekend. I will be frank in that I have some concerns, but need some additional info from here and then to send it there and then to discuss and then to decide. It is agonizing. I haven't really been up to updating my blog.
It looks like next week before I have internet access in may apartment as well. It is just a simple fix/replacement of the phone jack (I think), but no one to do it until then. Meanwhile, Regina, being her usual gracious self, lets me log in from her apartment to quickly catch up between our daily babyhouse visits. And she fixes lunch and waits on me hand and foot! Ah, the life in Aqtobe!! ;) We did a quick run to the grocery store today for lunch and got what looked like chicken nuggets. Once heated up, we discovered they smelled a bit odd. Turned out we had little star, heart, shamrock, and fish shaped fishsticks! Preparation for lives as a mommies!
Thank you all for bearing with me. I don't know yet what is to come, but truly appreciate your support and good thoughts.
It looks like next week before I have internet access in may apartment as well. It is just a simple fix/replacement of the phone jack (I think), but no one to do it until then. Meanwhile, Regina, being her usual gracious self, lets me log in from her apartment to quickly catch up between our daily babyhouse visits. And she fixes lunch and waits on me hand and foot! Ah, the life in Aqtobe!! ;) We did a quick run to the grocery store today for lunch and got what looked like chicken nuggets. Once heated up, we discovered they smelled a bit odd. Turned out we had little star, heart, shamrock, and fish shaped fishsticks! Preparation for lives as a mommies!
Thank you all for bearing with me. I don't know yet what is to come, but truly appreciate your support and good thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
Alysa,
I will be saying a prayer that your concerns are reassured and you can move forward. I know this is a very hard time, I went through a couple of days with some medical concerns with Madina's adoption. It is great that Regina is there with you through it. We are all thinking about you!
Lori
Alysa,
I am sorry your having such a hard time, I truly hope that the IA doctors will be able to give you the advice you need. I will continue praying that everything will work out with your little man.
Sandi
Alysa,
A woman in Semey was going through something similar (with the weekend delays, lack of translator and lack of internet!) and it seemed very frustrating for her so I feel for you. However, all of her concerns turned out to be nothing serious and in some cases were just bad translation as the usual translator wasn't available (the stand-in said that the boy had a "disease where the hair and bones don't grow" when in actuality he had a mild case of rickets - but of course she was freaking out with the first translation!). So I hope that any concerns are just misunderstandings or the like...
Kelly
Alysa,
Hang in there! This is the tough part. You'll get through it. You're doing great!!
All the best, Elizabeth
I hope you are able to get the information you need SOON and that you will feel peace about it. You are in my thoughts every day.
Thank goodness for Regina while you are going through all this! :-)
Alysa,
I pray for you, and the little boy that you are bonding with, that all is okay. This part is very stressful and unnerving, I remember. You question everything and wonder what is / is not normal orphanage delay as well as what is / is not a true concern in the U.S. versus the wacky Russian medical information.
We are thinking of you!
Christy
Alysa,
I wish that I had sage words for you. I will be hoping that you hear good news from the IA doc next week. Our best thoughts are being sent your way.
E-hugs,
Karla
I'll be thinking good thoughts. I know you will make your decision with your head as well as your heart. Thanks for posting and sharing this experience.
Alysa,
I hope everything works out for you and the little boy. Hang in there.
Susan
HI Alysa...I have been thinking about you a lot too. You are smart to take your time and really find out all the info you can. (Listen to me, I sound like I know what i'm talking about. I am sure it's scary-we will know ourserlves very soon. In the meantime, I'm enjoying "packing hell" as my husband makes fun of everything I am attempting to bring.
Pack light-I know not the meaning of the words. :)
But, hey, may as well start with everything i want, then weed out what won't fit, right?
Such really frivilous activities compared to the real deal when we get there, meeting our potential kiddo.
Be strong. You have quite quite a fan base. I am so glad you have the lovely Regina, hostess with the mostess.
Love ya,
Susan
Please know that we're here and you remain in our thoughts and prayers. Having been in a similar situation with Griffin's tremors, my heart goes out to you. Feel free to email if you want to visit more. Take care and trust your heart, Best, Susan
Hang in there Alysa! I know this is a hard time, but Kim and I are praying for the best and you have a lot of positive energy flowing your way.
Dave & Kim
Hi Alysa:
I have not commented much but I'm checking your blog every day, hoping to see things come together for you soon. Whatever is happening must be tough on you - I'll be praying for you to be certain with your decisions and that you get the information you need soon.
Love from,
Kristi and Mieke in Mexico
Hi Alysa,
We have been away for a few days and I've only just returned. Of course the first thing I must do is check out blogs.
I'm sorry that you're having to wait for IA doc news! I hope that he can help you with some of your concerns.
I still think it's cool that you and Regina can keep company and do things together from time to time. I hear that you're in her old apartment - with AC!!!
We're thinking of you and wishing you well. Stay cool!
Eileen
Hey, Alysa.
I hope all your questions are answered soon. In the meantime, have fun hanging out with Regina. Sending lots of good thoughts your way.
Angela
A -
Sending wisdom and positive energy your way.
DG
You know, I think that from now on I will always think of you whenever I see fish sticks OR chicken nuggets! :-)
I truly enjoy your company and I'm so glad you are here with me. You are a beautiful, sweet, smart woman. I know it's difficult, but you are doing the right thing by taking your time to make the best decision for you and your child. I am here for you!
I read Regina's blog and that you're still waiting for news from the IA doc. Must be tough!!
Know that we are thinking of you!
Eileen
Post a Comment