A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

See ya on the other side!

And here I was all stressed about only having 3 days from The Call to travel! Try less than 48 hours! I'm almost packed, am praying I have all the paperwork, copies, money, etc., didn't get the house slightly cleaned, but oh well. It was a late night last night. Few more odds and ends, a shower, and off to the airport!

I've got a 1.5 hour layover in Frankfurt (keep your fingers crossed) and arrive in Almaty around midnight Sunday. Yay. Then I'm on an early morning flight to Aqtobe Monday morning. Who needs sleep?!

Want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all my friends, family, and blog friends out there that have shown me such incredible support. I wouldn't have made it this far without you. Also want to thank my friends and neighbors who are going to be taking care of the house and my furbabies while I'm gone. I'm going to miss their little whiskered selves so much, but I know they are in good hands.

I likely won't have internet access for a few days, so standby, stay tuned, and I'll be in touch as soon as possible from the flipside of planet Earth!

Alysa

11 comments:

CamelsNDragons said...

Woohoo Alysa. I am so excited for you. Plan on running to the gate
in Germany. We had a similar layover in London and missed our flight because it landed late. Tell the flight attendants about your tight layover and they might move you to first class for the landing so you can be the first to get off. They did this for us, and we almost made it but then had to stand in a long line to get our boarding passes for the next flight. Make sure to get boarding passes for all flights before leaving the US if you can.
Happy travels and I can not wait to hear more,Lesley

Veronica said...

You made it! The waiting, packing and trip will be a mere memory soon. Safe travels.

The news has traveled through the family... We're all thrilled!!

oldster said...

Take a deep breath and enjoy the experience. We'll make sure Callie gets some quality "shoe" time during your absence. Have a great trip, we will look forward to the updates.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Ahhhh!!! I can't believe your gone now! That is so exciting. We'll be on pins & needles waiting for your next post.

Hope we can connect soon :)
Eileen

Jennifer said...

So excited for you Alysa! I remember "meeting" you for the first time on Susan M's blog this past spring, and I loved your comments to her. I just knew I wanted to meet you. I am so happy this is finally happening for you! It's YOUR turn! :-) Safe travels.

Sandi said...

Alysa
I am so happy for you. I can't believe I am out of pocket for 3 days and your off on your way to kaz.

Safe travels my friend and I can not wait to hear from you on the other side.

Sandi

Angela said...

Godspeed!

Susan and Robert said...

Alysa,

I can't wait to read your blog in the coming days! Have a safe trip. I am so glad Regina is their as well...at least you will have someone to speak English to! Maybe our paths will cross on one trip or another!

Susan said...

Alysa..way to pull it together girl!!! You rock!

Wow-that is a short layover. I am still waiting for our final arrangemetns, but we had a layover all day...ugh....I think I like yours better. :)

Lots of prayers and support for you as you go meet your son!
I really love the song on your blog. :)

Regina said...

Hey Alysa! I talked to Aina a few hours ago and she said you are in Almaty and may be stuck there for a day and will come to Aktobe on Tuesday instead. I'm glad you are almost here! Stay strong and let me know if there is anything you need! My phone number at the apartment is 56-73-10. If you are calling from Almaty, then first dial 8-7132. My in-country cell is 8-705-467-2982.

Anonymous said...

neat you are there; hope all goes well with your choice of the baby boy etc...Elizabeth called me that you called her saying you are on your way...when we were in Seattle Fruday when the next day we took our great Alaska Cruise ..and now we got back via train to Eugene before midnight Saturday!
Hugs,Lilla Nonna and John Papa