A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Post From Kazakhstan!!!

I have to say it still doesn't seem real. This time though, the non-reality is in that I'm leaving Kaz for good. After 3 trips, it just seems like I'm going home in order to regroup to come back. Even though Brady is going with me. Kinda weird. I'd love to say I will be back someday to adopt a sibling for Brady, but unfortunately, the cost and time in Kaz will likely prevent that from happening. There are other options.

But, in the meantime, we just have to get home this one last time! I'm not really looking forward to the next 36 hours. I haven't slept well for the last 3 nights, but at least Brady took a long nap earlier this evening. The Republic Day celebration on the pedestrian mall included performers and very LOUD pop music for most of the day that nothing in the apartment could drown out, so neither one of us could nap. We didn't get out either, except to run to the store for water , but don't feel like we missed too much. It was a cold damp day.

I still have pictures to post of Almaty and Aqtobe, but will have to do it from home. My dial-up has been very slow and sporadic since I bought a Nursat card a few days ago -- didn't have this problem with KazTelecom cards. Time for Brady's bath and hopefully a bit of sleep before we are picked up at 12:30 to head for the airport.

This is it. The adoption journey comes to a close, but the family journey is just beginning. Our next post will be from HOME!!!

6 comments:

Deb said...

hurry up. can't wait to you see both.

Sandi said...

Oh I am so happy, hopefully you are safe and sound on the first leg of your trip.

How exciting, the journey to Kaz has ended but the journey of home and life with Braden is just beginning.

safe travels,
Sandi

Kelly and Sne said...

I am so happy that your paperwork issues were resolved and you are on your way home! Home! What a concept! And with your little boy! I'm sure you'll be fine - it was my experience that you'll be the entertainment committee for the first leg but he'll get tired after that. Just feed him and give him bottles often so you can at least avoid hunger meltdowns! Safe and smooth travels!

Susan said...

yay!!! you are on your way as i read this. It's a LONG WAY HOME, for sure, but I have to say, Leeza fared better than I did. I just got SO TIRED. :)

but it is becoming a distant memory and it was only 4 days ago we got home.
Being home with Brady is going to be awesome-get ready to feel like a rockstar...it's surreal for sure.

Can't wait to hear you are home safe and sound. :)

much love-
Susan, Joe, Sean and Leeza

Regina said...

Yippee!!! You are on your way home at this very moment and I am sending you all the love and good wishes for a safe journey. I'm not surprised Marina worked some magic for you.

I LOVE that sleeping photo of Brady from the last post. He is so beautiful. Look out America, here comes Braden Kyler!!!!

poobail said...

Hi Alysa, I know you are on your way home now, maybe even safely in our state, I'm not sure of the time zones, etc. I hope it went smoothly and that you can get some much needed sleep in your own bed! Congratulations to the new mommy and the USA's newest citizen! He's gorgeous!
Margaret