A family isn't determined by who is or isn't in it, or how it came to be, but by the bond that is created by the love that is shared.
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Alive and Sleepy in Almaty
It's been a long couple of days and have lots to tell you, but I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. We've had a cranky couple of days and are both worn out. I'm hoping it is just the transition (and teething), but Brady is not wanting to go down for a nap. I try to calm him down, hold him, rub his back, but the second he hits the crib (hallelujah!!) he starts crying. If it just sounds like a tired cry, he will usually go to sleep within a couple of minutes, but yesterday and today, he can't calm down and is screaming bloody murder. He gave himself the hiccups once today. He's asleep now, so off to bed I go as well and will try to post more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congratulations on having made it to Almaty, your last stop before the good ole U.S. of A. Poor Brady - it really is a lot of transition for one little guy who hasn't known life outside of an orphanage. Hope you both are back in the swing of things soon and that you enjoy your stay in Almaty. Buy more souvenirs if you've got room!
-Kim
Hang in there!! This sounds just like Griffin at that point. To be honest, there were sometimes that I just cried because I was so tired and anxious to be home. I promise you that it'll get better. If this is enough of a tease...last night Griffin slept 13 hours without waking up! I believe that he's in a growth spurt because he's sleeping like Rip Van Winkle and eating everything in sight. I sure hope so because he's still wearing 6-9 month old jeans....poor little guy. I don't show his tags to anyone! hah. take care, Susan
We had a smooth transition to our Semey apartment and a ROUGH transition to Almaty too (the same problem - would rather scream bloody murder than sleep) - but it does get better (although it took a few days for us). I think Almaty - and the trip - is more than a bit overwhelming for these kids.
I am glad that you at least got some sleep before leaving. I just LOVE the photos of Brady. He is SO cute!
I'll be sending good thoughts and hope things get a bit easier for you and you get some sleep. the transition sounds like a lot and as soon as you both adjust, it should get better. Hang in there!
oh poor Brady and poor you!
i'm sure he is wondering what the heck is going on!
Joe just got here, and Leeza just woke up, so i gotta run-but will call you in almaty...
hugs to you and your adorable son...i hope things are looking up when you both wake up.
Alysa
I am so sorry that things have been rough, but I am so happy your in Almaty. Hopefully you will be home bound soon.
Lets just hope and pray that he will get the fussiness out now so he will be an angel on the flights :)
I'm so happy and proud for you, your at the end of this journey and time to start focusing on the journey of life, of a mom and her son.
Sandi
Hooray, you made it to Almaty!!! I'm so happy for you guys. Where are you staying?
I just read your post from yesterday, and again got tears in my eyes just looking at the photos of Brady. He is so freaking adorable!!!
Sorry to hear about all the tough stuff. You WILL get through this. Just keep pushing yourself and digging deep deep deep into your resilience reserves. It should be a little easier on you in Almaty after Brady gets adjusted. The hardest part is over Alysa! Enjoy Almaty and once you get some rest try to take advantage of all the great places to visit. The staff there is really good -- especially Kate.
I'm so excited you are meeting up with Susan and family!!! Can't wait to hear more.
Linda and i really enjoy the updates ! It makes us want to come to Castle Rock to meet Brady in person !! He, he! We updated Diane and she's so happy for you. Sleep when you can - eat when you feel like - you'll get back to a regular schedule when you settle in at home.
Alysa,
Argh, emotional past couple days. It has to be trying to see Brady so upset. I am sorry!
Yeah to be in Almaty though! You are getting SO very close to being back home as a family! Life is forever changing and thank heavens for that!
:)Christy
Post a Comment